The Arlington Plus Tour (8hrs)
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: arlingtonplus
The Arlington Plus Tour
Arlington National Cemetery
Thomas Jefferson Memorial or a Potomac River Cruise*
The US Capitol
Plus all other major memorials in Washington!!!!
Exclusive to Signature Tours of DC. No other tour in Washington offers Arlington Cemetery with all the monuments, memorials and main sights of Washington together. Join us on a full day 8 hour excursion with a friendly tour guide that will lead you through Washington and Arlington with expert commentary and personalized care, covering over 200 years worth of history.
Take a 2 hour stroll through Arlington National Cemetery with an expert guide and visit John F. Kennedy's grave site and see the eternal flame lit by Jackie Kennedy over 50 years ago. Then continue along to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers and witness the Changing of the Guard, a long running ceremony considered by many to be one of the can't miss things in Washington DC to see.
You will also enjoy a guided tour of all the top sights of Washington, DC including the White House, Jefferson Memorial and Lincoln Memorial, with an air-conditioned coach bus to take you from one sight to the next. Survey the entire National Mall from the bus, learning about Washington and its history, then step out at select locations for a guided walk through the memorials with your personal tour guide.
Enjoy a break in the middle of your tour for shopping and lunch.
What you will see
During your tour, your guide will walk you through the following sights:
- Arlington National Cemetery
- The US Capitol Building (exterior)
- Jefferson Memorial or Potomac River Cruise*
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial
- Dr Martin Luther King JR Memorial
- Korean Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam Memorial
- Nurses Memorial
- World War II Memorial
- Pentagon City Mall
- Air Force Memorial
- Iwo Jima Memorial (Marine Corps War Memorial)
- White House (exterior)
Important Notes and Directions:
- There will be walking throughout the tour, guests are encouraged wear comfortable shoes
- Plan for the weather, most of the tour is outdoors. Umbrellas recommended
- Food and drinks are not allowed in Arlington Cemetery other than water. Free water will be provided by Signature Tours
- Tour starts at 8:00 am outside the Arlington National Cemetery Metro Station
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour start time
- Arlington National Cemetery is on the blue line
- Paid parking is also available at Arlington National Cemetery
- Washington DC can be very cold in the Winter and very hot in the Summer, please dress accordingly
- No hotel pick up or drop off