VIP Private Tour - Capitol Hill, Monuments and Embassy Row (8hrs)
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: private8hrCap
Capitol Hill, Monuments and Embassy Row Private Tour
A Private Tour Guide
Your Own Vehicle Embassy Row
US Capitol Tour
Thomas Jefferson Memorial * Accommodate Up to 12 Guests
Plus all other major memorials in Washington!!!!
Tour the major buildings of Capitol Hill AND all the monuments, memorials and main sights of Washington, DC.
Your personal step-off guide will be by your side the entire way. See where our laws are made with a guided tour inside the US Capitol Building, where you will visit the Rotunda, George Washington's Crypt, and the Whispering Chambers.
Continue to the Library of Congress with a tour of the Jefferson Building, one of the largest collections of knowledge in the world.
You will also enjoy a guided tour of all the top sights of Washington, DC including the White House, Jefferson Memorial and Lincoln Memorial, with your own private vehicle to take you from one sight to the next.. Survey the entire National Mall from the van, learning about Washington and its history, then step out at select locations for a guided walk through the memorials with your personal tour guide.
Then take a drive down Embassy Row, where dozens of countries have taken residence, catch a glimpse of the Vice Presidents House and the National Cathedral.
Enjoy a break in the middle of your tour for shopping and lunch at a restaurant of your choice or perhaps one recommended by your guide.
What you will see
During your tour, your guide will walk you through the following sights:
- The US Capitol Building (tour inside)
- The Library of Congress (tour inside)
- The US Supreme Court (tour inside, Monday - Friday only)
- Jefferson Memorial
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial
- Dr Martin Luther King JR Memorial
- Korean Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam Memorial
- Nurses Memorial
- World War II Memorial
- Air Force Memorial
- Iwo Jima Memorial (Marine Corps War Memorial)
- White House (exterior)
Important Notes and Directions:
- There will be walking throughout the tour, guests are encouraged wear comfortable shoes
- Plan for the weather, most of the tour is outdoors. Umbrellas recommended
- Food and drinks are not allowed in Arlington Cemetery other than water. Free water will be provided by Washington Signature Tours
- Hotel pick up and drop off for most area hotels.
- For hotels outside the city, pick ups can be arranged but time may need to be added to accommodate.
- Washington DC can be very cold in the Winter and very hot in the Summer, please dress accordingly
- All tours are customizable.